R&D / Product Development
Product development and prototyping of electronic assemblies has never been easier than with DDM Novastar PCB assembly automation equipment.
Complete your low to mid volume circuit board assemblies in-house to save time without compromising security. Our Paste-Place-Reflow options allow for rapid prototyping, trial builds, rework, and production runs, all while maintaining complete chain of custody of your sensitive electronics designs and materials.
Typical R&D Turnkey SMT Assembly Systems
Pick and Place
|GF-125 Five Zone Benchtop
Research and Development – the ongoing effort to design or improve products and services – is usually tackled by skilled scientists or engineers. To select the equipment optimized for your project, it’s important to have a full understanding of how each PCB assembly system aligns with your application’s requirements. Each of the three primary categories Paste (stencil printers), Place (pick & place), Reflow (reflow oven) offers specialized functionality.
Read our Paste-Place-Reflow Tutorial
While some companies choose to outsource their R&D, there are more and more bringing this research in-house. (quality control, wider range of options, expanding talent pool, and if money is not an issue, proprietary protection of their products might be)
The First Choice of Design Engineers for these reasons:
- Training: We can train your staff at a DDM Novastar training seminar or on-site at your location.
- Service: Telephone and field service can be coordinated directly through our headquarters.
- Parts: We maintain a spare parts inventory for every machine built since 1983.
- Aftermarket Support: Speak to a real person for troubleshooting, procedure refresher, set-up assistance, or any other support issues.
As a Vertically Integrated Manufacturer, DDM Novastar is equipped with these in-house capabilities:
- In-house design for both mechanical and software integration
- Quality processes and practical engineering to deliver optimal performance with minimal maintenance
- Capability to create prototype parts and/or entire machines
- Machining, electrical design/assembly, circuit board assembly
- Sheet metal fabrication, welding, and assembly
- Inspection and testing, including procedures for validating design and studying potential failure points in a custom machine
- Ability to design and make any special tooling required to manufacture small table-top machines to large assembly / process equipment.
Typical applications for DDM Novastar equipment:
- Research & development
- Specialty product development
- Process improvement
- Electronic controls
DDM Novastar Customers include:
|Amphenol||Google AI||Martek Power|