Expanded SMT Service & Support Team
With new ownership comes new energy in our Service & Support department
Rich Wendler returns to the team!
Many of our loyal Novastar users have spoken or met with Rich through the last 30+ years. Rich was responsible for training, tradeshows, and technical workshops in addition to technical service issues. In 2016, Richard left Novastar to work elsewhere, but with the ownership transition and move to new facility in 2017, Rich happily rejoined the DDM Novastar team in a leadership role in the Service & Customer Support area.
Real support for real-life situations
At DDM Novastar, we aren’t just manufacturers of SMT and thru hole equipment, we specialize in educating our customers on processes, materials, equipment, and implementation. Customers choose Novastar because we provide them with a total solution and assist them in obtaining the knowledge and advice they need to get the job done. This usually starts at the sales side but continues through the life of the equipment with our customer support team.
To achieve this end, we have added more people to our service team who will focus on specific equipment, and provide whatever the customer needs to implement SMT production processes in order to make their system purchase truly turnkey. This includes: Parts Identification, application trouble shooting, field maintenance & service, factory or on-site training, and warranty support.
Meet the rest of the CUSTOMER SUPPORT TEAM:
- Bernadette Biondi – Customer Service
- Jerry Schock– Electronic Engineering
- Joe Arico – Pick & Place Specialist
- Jack Peoples – Wave Specialist
- Roman Rosales – Software Engineering
In addition to our experienced service professionals (with over 100 years of combined product knowledge) DDM Novastar has developed an annual Preventive Maintenance plan with several convenient options to choose from. From simple expanded warranties to multi-year protection plans that include inspection, cleaning, adjustments, and any required repairs. To inquire about these plans, contact Bernadette.
We’re just getting warmed up
Our team is actively involved in a number of initiatives to continue to be a world-class resource for USA-made and USA-supported SMT assembly equipment.
- Currently finishing up a major software improvement process
- Expand our online spare parts shopping cart, with more items, adding consumables, and maintenance kits that will make it ‘easy to do business’ with us
- As part of our commitment to superior customer service, we will be expanding our international support & training for our world-wide rep network
- DDM Novastar has always made SMT Product Solution education a priority for our customers. Our technical support section on our website will be enhanced with more information, white papers, web tutorials, and application examples. An updated video program is at the top of our list.
- Increase the number of technical workshops we host each year - free of charge. Customers find our 2-day workshop a great way to get a head start on their SMT and through-hole PCB projects, by gaining familiarity with setup, programming and operation of all DDM Novastar products. They also spend quality time with our engineering team discussing individual projects or custom applications.